- Online banking requires you to use an email account.
- Protect access to this account at all times because it is used for communication from online banking.
- If you elect to use online banking, you can then register for bill pay.
- Once you register for bill pay, payees can be established.
- Recipients receive the money in one way.
- Paper check: These are cut and sent in advance of the scheduled day. Turn around – up to 10 days. Does not come out until cashed.
- For support call the bank
What are the risks of using bill pay?
If you do not protect your computer or device in the manner described, a hacker could take over your machine.
- After taking over your machine, they could watch you login into online banking.
- After learning your online banking credentials, they could add themselves as a payee in online banking and pay money out of your account into theirs.
Ways to protect yourself
- Log into your account regularly and check your balances, activities, and payees.
- Secure your device as described previously.
- Monitor your emails diligently for notifications of changes to your online account and payees.
Bill Pay Screen Samples
Customers can request samples of bill pay screens from the bank.