Protect Your Identity and Accounts
- If you ever have any doubts or suspicions, call the bank.
- Do not click suspicious links or open unexpected attachments or texts. Be aware of Phishing emails and Smishing texts.
- Do not provide account info to links in emails or texts.
- Do not provide account information over the phone to live or automated systems
- Do not use unknown or unsafe devices to access your account.
- Use only phones, tablets and computers with the latest software and security patches.
- Use auto-update for all programs to receive the latest security patches. See Securing your Device.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 are no longer updated by Microsoft. Consider upgrading to Windows 10.
- Use anti-virus software and keep it updated. See Securing Your Device.
- Keep your Browser updated.
- We are providing these instructions as a courtesy only. We cannot and will not provide any support beyond providing these written instructions. Do not call for technical support.
- Even with these recommendations, you the consumer must remain vigilant and suspicious of requests for information in order to protect yourself. Be very careful and report all suspicious activity to CNB immediately.
- Report fraud immediately. Call us at 740-472-1696.
Learn all contact methods that Citizen's National Bank uses to contact you.
Phishing is a form of fraud in which the attacker tries to learn information such as login credentials or account information.
SmiShing is about sending false, fake text messages, claiming the mobile user that they have won a free product or need to enter information.
Choose your appropriate device below for instruction on how to increase security measure.
Online Banking security is intended to prevent unauthorized access to your account, validate your identity, protect your account information from fraudulent use, and prevent the theft of your identity.
Risks and ways to protect yourself using bill pay in online banking.